Welcome!

This blog is in its infancy. In the coming days/weeks/months, I hope to change it into a fully functioning, interesting and attractive place to visit. So please bear with me as I take my baby steps.



Willkommen! Bienvenue! Welcome!

When you read those three words, do you think of Joel Gray singing in the 1972 film, Cabaret?  I do.  I watched it before I had a good understanding of the workings of the Weimar Republic back in the early 1930s.  But I digress.  The photo below is neither Willkommen, Bienvenue nor Welcome, but actually is all of them.  Välkomna is the Swedish word for welcome.  My dear friend JG had a birthday recently.  She is very proud of her Swedish heritage, so I wanted to make something for her that related to Sweden.  I used the blue and yellow colors of the Swedish flag and the word for welcome in Swedish. 

1 comment: